New Year's Resolution and new beta release

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Thu Jan 4 22:04:02 CET 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> I have also figured out how to get the configuration system to call a
> ruleset from within a Custom Function. So if you want to handle some
> situations with a Custom Function, but then have that use a ruleset some
> of the time, you can now do it. It is something I never dreamed up when
> I was writing it, so it is pulling a stunt I never thought I would need.
> I have produced a stripped-down example of how to do it, and the code is
> in the /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions directory, along
> with the other few examples I provide you to start from.

So, regarding Custom Functions in general:

# Your function may be passed a "message" object...
# If you want to find out what there is in a "message" object,
# look at Message.pm as they are all listed there.

Message.pm lists things like $spamreport (set by IsSpam) as well as the
things I'd expect to see available to a 'message object' (message
headers, body, etc).

Does a 'message object' ever contain $spamreport?
If so, then for which configuration options in MailScanner.conf could I
call a custom function that might have access to $spamreport?

Or am I missing the flow of things completely? :-(

Thanks,
Ken A.
Pacific.Net