Non Spam Actions and Outgoing Queue Dir

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 15:49:02 CET 2007

Hi

I use the Non Spam Actions ruleset to archive some domains email to a POP
mailbox

e.g.

Non Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/non.spam.actions.rules

non.spam.actions.rules

To:	*@domain.com	deliver forward archive1 at myarchive.com
FromTo:	default	deliver

This works fine, email comes in for domain.com its scanned and then relayed
onto its destination mail server, a copy is forwarded to the POP mailbox.

The reason I do this is so a customer can access his email (via the POP
mailbox) even if his email server is unavailable.

>From time to time, if I know a customers mailserver is going to be offline
for an extended period of time I use the Outgoing Queue Dir ruleset to place
there email in a separate outgoing queue and not attempt delivery until
there mail server is back up and running. This is to stop any bounces
occurring.

e.g.

Outgoing Queue Dir = %rules-dir%/outgoing.queue.dir.rules

outgoing.queue.dir.rules

To: *@domain.com	/var/spool/domain.com
FromTo:	default	/var/spool/mqueue

When I do this it also stops the forward in non.spam.actions.rules from
taking place.

Looking in the /var/spool/domain.com/ directory and just picking a qf file I
can see an entry

RP:<archive1 at myarchive.com>

Is there a way to run a sendmail -q on the /var/spool/domain.com directory
but only attempt the deliver for the myarchive.com recipient?

I tried something like "sendmail -qR at myarchive.com -O
QueueDirectory=/var/spool/domain.com/" but if didnt seem to do anything - im
not sure if what im doing is possible.

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers

Paul