Mailscanner and mailscanner-mrtg

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jan 2 18:52:48 CET 2007

Fabien GARZIANO spake the following on 1/2/2007 8:11 AM:
> First, happy new year to all of you.
>
> I got MailScanner v.4.53.8. and mailscanner-mrtg and both work well,
> except i got some ugly output in my log file :
>
> Jan  2 16:40:04 califw3 MailScanner-MRTG[25016]: ERROR: Quarantine
> Directory not specified in /etc/MailScanner/mailscanner-mrtg.conf -
> Skipping quarantine
> Jan  2 16:40:04 califw3 MailScanner-MRTG[25016]: Unable to find a
> mountpoint for /var/spool.  Please set Spool Directory in
> mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint.  You can see a list of
> mointpoints on your system by using the df command.
> Jan  2 16:40:04 califw3 MailScanner-MRTG[25016]: Unable to find a
> mountpoint for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.  Please set MailScanner
> Work Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint.  You can
> see a list of mointpoints on your system by using the df command
>
> I think this is more a mailscanner-mrtg issue, but I just hope some of
> you are also using mailscanner-mrtg and already fixed this problem.
>
> Thanks !
Edit your mailscanner-mrtg.conf file to fix everything mentioned in the
errors. It is telling you what it needs. It needs the actual mountpoint for
the filesystem they are in ( IE.. /var for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming)

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and