{MailScanner: Spam} RE: McAfee and lack of detection

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jan 2 17:12:33 CET 2007

Res spake the following on 12/31/2006 8:03 AM:
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
>> -
>>
>> Eeek-a-rama!  I did not realise that it was all changing again.
>> Thanks for giving the deadlines...
>>
>> Looks like I will have another mare trying to get the linux version.
>> Hertfordshire County Council do not supply the Linux versions... as
>> they do not know what Linux is...
>>

> If you are going to [ay for a commercial scnaner you mightn as well get
> a good linux supported one, f-prot, you wont be disapoiunted

I use McAfee only because it is included with our desktop licensing.
I hadn't noticed it earlier because most of what would be caught as viruses
seems to get dropped from the MTA blacklists. A large percentage of virus
detections are phishing stuff with clam.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and