MailScanner trying to access all directories under /var/*

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Jan 1 23:11:22 CET 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Ananitya wrote:

> Hi friends,
> I am writing SELinux policy for mailscanner and while enabling a test policy
> for it I found MailScanner is trying to access all directories under /var.
> Why MailScanner is trying to access all directories under /var ?

This might have somthing to do with the fact the mail directories that are
used all have to be on the same partition, and as sendmail, postfix and
qmail all use different directories it might be testing for all
possabilities.

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters