Message Too Large

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Feb 28 07:36:34 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Peter Nitschke wrote:

> On 28/02/2007 at 12:15 AM Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>> So you scan anything up to 11 MB for SPAM? Frankly I have never seens SPAM
>
>> over 100kB in size.
>
> We are seeing spam from China including pdf's etc which can get quite
> large.

It could be that other restricions always take care of those. I blacklist
notorious networks that hit the greylist a lot and which can identified
well enough.

The first one was each sending machine with abo.wanadoo.fr that tried to
do a direct connect. These wanadoo.fr users are supposed to use their ISP
or forever hold their peace.

I like to build my defense in depths using an aggresive forward defense
strategy. In this regard all Dutch and Belgium connects get special
attention so the ISP is notified at once on any spam event.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)