email receives 'Message is too big for spam checks' and disappears

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 28 03:17:21 CET 2007

Hi,
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Greg Krzeszkowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a situation where a particular email is being logged as too big for spam checks and then isn't delivered to the user, isn't quarantined, isn't forwarded to my spam collector and no further log entries exist.   What troubleshooting steps should I be taking?
>
> I'm running 4.58-9 (installed yesterday!)

Is this any message over size limit?, or just one type? whats the
attachment type?

If you clear you MS queue, stop MailScanner, keep sendmail running, then
mail yourself the mail, then run ./MailScanner --lint

Try making that a lot higher, most
spammers defeat it, so try 5000000 at least.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie