Quick question: Prepending subject

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Feb 28 01:44:02 CET 2007

am.lists spake the following on 2/27/2007 4:31 PM:
> Currently, my low score is store/notify. I want to change it to
> store/deliver/prepend the subject with [spam?].
>
> But prepending the subject doesn't seem to be a valid "Spam Action"
> setting.
>
> SA can do this, but that seems to be ignored when SA is invoked from MS.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Angelo
Look in mailscanner.conf for the following and modify to suit;

# If the message is spam, do you want to modify the subject line?
# This can be 1 of 4 values:
#      no    = Do not modify the subject line, or
#      start = Add text to the start of the subject line, or  <<<<<<
#      yes   = Add text to the start of the subject line, or  <<<<<<
#      end   = Add text to the end of the subject line.
# This makes filtering in Outlook very easy.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Modify Subject = end

# This is the text to add to the start of the subject if the
# "Spam Modify Subject" option is set.
# The exact string "_SCORE_" will be replaced by the numeric
# SpamAssassin score.
# The exact string "_STARS_" will be replaced by a row of stars
# whose length is the SpamAssassin score.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Subject Text = {Spam? Score _SCORE_}

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and