Moving Quarantine

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:46:43 CET 2007

On 27/02/07, Howard Robinson <Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear list
> I would like to move the whole quarantine directory to another
> partition to make better use of disk space and reduce the chance of
> running out of disk space on the /var partition which is getting fairly
> full.
>
> Am I right in adopting the following? Is it that simple?
> 1) stop mailscanner
> 2) copy quarantine to it's new location.
> 3) alter MailScanner.conf so it points to the new location.
> 4) restart MailScanner.
>
> Assuming this is correct does anything need changing in mailwatch or
> will it pick up the details from MailScanner.conf - it looks like it
> will?
>
> Thanks

Should be taht simple, yes.
If you want to play it safe, a) use a tar-copy (or similar measure) to
preserve rights/ownership, b) after the copy, instead of changing your
config, use mount to make the new quarantine available at the "old
place"... Modern linux distros will let you do --bind mounts (appeared
with the 2.4 kernel), so perhaps use that...:)

But basically you are correct, your list should work fine too.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn