Dealing with large ISP Mailers

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:00:15 CET 2007

On 2/23/07, Rob Sterenborg <R.Sterenborg at netsourcing.nl> wrote:
> Where are you using the RBL's?
> I wouldn't use SORBS at the MTA to block emails, but I would use SORBS
> in SpamAssassin to score an email.

Rob,

Here is my Postfix main.cf relevant lines:

[[[ snip ]]]
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
reject_non_fqdn_recipient,reject_unknown_recipient_domain,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,check_recipient_access
hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access,check_policy_service
inet:127.0.0.1:60000
[[[ snip ]]]

So, from that, I guess it's already being done within MailScanner, so
how would I tweak it from there? Is it the
/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules file?

I thought I might create a custom rule (e.g. customaol.cf) that
negatively scores them based on sender, but they already pass by score
(usually less than 2.0). It's since they are caught in the RBL that
they get categorized as "low spam".

Angelo