Postfix Queue question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 09:44:20 CET 2007

On 23/02/07, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists at chapman.edu> wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I realize this isn't a MailScanner question directly, but if I take it
> to the Postfix list they'll start screaming about queue message corruption.
>
> I have an outbound server that has a couple messages from three to four
> weeks ago stuck in its HOLD queue. What could cause something like
> this?  I'll provide any information that you request...

Does postcat work on them?
Any "screaming" would be entirely out of ignorance... If they are in
hold, they are untouched by MailScanner... So any problem would be
either in Postfix proper, or (more likely) something making
MailScanner ignore them.
Postcat will show if the messages are "palatable" to postfix at least.
If they seem corrupt... well, then they would've been that,
MailScanner or no MailScanner;).

--
-- Glenn