LookOUT 2007

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Feb 20 18:17:54 CET 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 19/02/07, Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:43:20 +0100
>> "Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [ snip ]

>>> Apart from the question you chose to ignore? No.
>>
>> Honestly, I thought that you were being sarcastic. If you really want
>> me do, I will be glad to. I'll send it off-list to you.
>>
> Me sarcastic? Naaah:-).
> Yes, I really did want to know what you meant by Googlers. The
> reference is a tad baffling to me, probably because of cultural
> differences ... So please do.

I expect he's referring to people who use google - google news usually
catches flack from the net-cops on some newsgroups I follow, generally
for it's default of top posting.  Don't know what gmail defaults to, but
maybe it does the same?

On the other hand, maybe he's referring to disreputable old men in grimy
trench coats that hang out in parks across from schoolyards.  (Think
Aqualung here.)

Regardless, both it and grok probably fall in the slang department -
your average person on the street won't catch the reference.  It's still
geek speak...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500