MailScanner with MailWatch - add-ons and enhancements?

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:31:52 CET 2007

Because of how well MailWatch seems to work with MailScanner, I assume
most of the people on this list are using both together. I know that's
an assumption, but it seems like a popular one.

I notice that the MailWatch portion seems rather stable but at the
same time, a bit outdated. Are there other GUIs that might be more up
to date and provide some greater functionality?

Here's my wants/needs list:

Need: Redesign the user quarantine emails
Want: Reskin them per domain, with a default skin where no
domain-based skin is found.

Need: Rework the quarantine reports: Add "release and learn as ham"
and "delete and learn as spam" buttons or links to the messages
Want: Ability to mix users requests to do quarantine reports daily or
weekly or per-message. (Right now I can only do it as daily or weekly
and the low-spam notify messages always come through immediately)

Need: Get rid of the "MailScanner has detected a possible fraud
attempt" written inline in messages. I know why MS does this, but
these days, with the way newsletters are written, links are written
one way but the hrefs go somewhere else that track the click as a
redirect... Unfortunately seemingly everyone does this now, so I'm not
sure how I really feel about it. I would rather just disarm the hrefs.
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Angelo