Maximum Archive Depth

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:48:19 CET 2007

On 16/02/07, Claude Gagné <claude.gagne at multitech.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure MailScanner in a way that he look inside the ZIP
> files for all user except one. I have found the parameter "Maximum
> Archive Depth" in my MailScanner.conf but if I change it for the value 0
> it changes the parameter system wide.
>
> Is it possible ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Claude
Yes. Use a ruleset on the setting you want to vary, something like:
FromOrTo: user1 at domain.tld 0
FromOrTo: default 2
... The above applied on Maximum Archive Depth (just put it in a file
in the rules directory (named <something>.rules), then set the setting
to = %rules-dir%/<something>.rules ... and restart MS) would do
MailScanner tests (AVs are generally not affected by this setting...
They manage to unpack things themselves) for any archive file, and any
archive file found in that "first level" archive... for everyone
_except_ user1 at domain.tld ... There are good examples for rulesets in
/etc/MailScanner/rules (README and EXAMPLES) as well as in the wiki
... and of course: The Book. Buy it, if you haven't already;-).

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn (getting more tipsy by the minute:-)