LookOUT 2007

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:43:04 CET 2007

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> Please don't top post. If you don't know what that means, Google for it.
> Also, please try and wrap you lines at some at some reasonably setting;
> 72 would be a nice number.
>
> Obviously you
...caught you on a morning where somebody peed in your cornflakes?
> have never heard of 'macros' or have even the faintest
> concept of configuring a toolbar or customizing a group. Yes, some of
> these tasks do require knowledge, but so does setting up BIND. Does the
> fact that a task has a learning curve mean that it should be ignored? I
> seriously doubt it. Now if you want something any idiot can handle, try
> PICO. I would suggest 'vi' but that has a learning curve also, obviously
> something you are not interested in.

Both solid text editors.  If you're seriously suggesting that vi or pico
is designed more for "any idiot" than Office 2007, I've got a bridge to
sell you.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: According to Microsoft, it's by design