Image scanning - flesh tones

Martin.Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Fri Feb 16 10:01:18 CET 2007

Given my experience of MailSweeper I'd steer well clear of this.

I moved from MailSweeper to MailScanner and

went from a 100% busy Dual PIII 1GB ram SCSI based system that could
only hold 5 days of live data, hundreds of false positives, missed lots
and lots of spam (false negatives!) and most of my time hand holding the
thing to..

a 600mhz Celeron, 512MB ram and an IDE disk where I could keep 1 months
live data (amost zero false positives, almost zero false negatives) and
cpu free was enough to last me for another 2 years spam increase. Oh
yeah and my working day back!

It may have got better, but I'm not switching back.

FuzzyOCR can do OCR based stuff, but for mpg/jpeg stuff like flesh tones
etc you'll need something else. Might be worth asking on the
Spamassassin-users list if anyone's got plugin that does this stuff
(MaiLScanner calls Spamassassin for most of it's spam detection).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Clearswift
> used to do this too.
>
> I know MailScanner can block video images by file type.  Does anybody
know
> of any add-on that does image filtering by content?

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom