FuzzyOcr

Jeremy Blonde JeremyBlonde at grant.k12.ca.us
Fri Feb 16 00:27:18 CET 2007

> Try this:
>
> [root at mailgw ~]# id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
> groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
> [root at mailgw ~]# su - postfix -s /bin/bash
> -bash-3.00$ id
> uid=89(postfix) gid=89(postfix) groups=12(mail),89(postfix)
>
> User postfix purposely has no shell for security reasons, so when
> debugging like this, you have to specify a shell on the su command
> line with the -s /path/to/shell argument.
>
> Once you've gotten yourself to appear as user postfix, let's test
> _that_ output from the sa debug lint.

I found that I was unable to su to the postfix user unless I changed the
shell in the /etc/passwd file.  I changed it to point to /bin/bash and
then I was able to su to the postfix user.

After doing that I found out that the postfix didn't have change rights
to the db files.  So I moved the files to an appropriate folder and made
sure that it had change rights to the db files and db.lock file.

After those changes, I restarted mailscanner and that seems to have
fixed the issues I was experiencing.

Thank you very much for the help.  Sometimes you get stuck in a rut
troubleshooting these things and the most obvious solutions are the ones
you forget.

Jeremy Blonde