Upgrading MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 00:13:34 CET 2007

On 15/02/07, Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> On Thursday February 15, 2007 at 12:09:52 (PM) am.lists wrote:
>
> > Should I not go beyond 2.2.2 of PostFix for now?
>
> If you use TLS or employ sender_dependent_relaying, you will most
> certainly want to update to version 2.3.x as there have been major
> improvements in those areas. The stability of the product is mush better
> in 2.3.x then in pre 2.3 versions too.

Hm... More stable than "rock solid"?:-).

Actually I do agree, but if you don't have a need for anything that
has been improved or plan to use any of the new features of 2.3, then
you can well stay with 2.2... Then again, it is always a good idea to
try keep close to what the devs think is currently stable.

On the note about milters, I'm going to send off a few slightly
touched up patches tomorrow to Jules (who asked me to hold off until
he could make the recent stable release) regarding the milter
handling/p record thingies. So far I've failed to come up with an
economical way to handle full body edits (have been ill, and swamped
with work.... didn't get better by being ill that last bit...
Hopefully inspiration will strike, now that I'm mostly back up to
speed again:-).
If anyone is interrested in looking at them/coming with suggestions,
I'll be more than happy to provide the patches here (quite small ones
to PFDiskStore.pm and Postfix.pm). They do work well for 2.3, so that
would be something at least, and one could easily implement a really
inelegant way of making them safe for 2.4 and full body edits too:-).

--
-- Glenn