Recent issue with SORBS

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Feb 15 22:21:49 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Ken A wrote:

> require in some cases. SORBS and others tend to list on /24 or larger blocks,

Not true, we've only ever had individual IP's of mail servers in a /24
blocked, never the entire /24

However I suppose if they got the same spam, from multiple IP's in a /24
within a short period of time, I sure could understand them taking out the
/24, I know I would.

> probably just for ease of maintenance. Do a reverse lookup on all the IPs in
> your range. If they come back as 'xxx' 'marketing' and 'warez' or similar,
> move your hosting. It's not worth the pain. :-\

Last I heard that script only searches for entries to add into the DUL
containing, typical dsl/dial/dhcp/ppp etc, it's not a general blocking.
I had a 3 hour chat to the Matthew once (when he lived in the same
city as me) to get a lot of clarifications when they blocked one of my
SMTP's.

--
Regards
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie