[Semi-OT] Advice on large webmail setup

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 22:06:27 CET 2007

On 2/15/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, am.lists wrote:
>
> > Another alternative that would be Linux (as opposed to somewhat
> > proprietary HP/HP-UX implementation)
>
> Most (not all but most) HP servers can run linux :)

Agreed.... you're not wrong. But seeing how the OP was in South Africa
(or at least seemed to be based on his TLD), I wanted to offer a
solution that was more "commodity" hardware-based in nature. I don't
know firsthand how this works internationally, but I've heard that it
can be easier to get a stack of $5,000 USD servers through customs
than it is to get one $50,000 USD one through.