FuzzyOcr

Jeremy Blonde JeremyBlonde at grant.k12.ca.us
Thu Feb 15 21:35:27 CET 2007

> Let's say your "low" spam score is 5 and your "high" spam score is 8.
> There is a default setting in FuzzyOcr.cf that says "if the score is
> already (10) then don't even bother scanning it." -- this (10) was
> keeping me from scanning messages. I pushed that up to 30 during my
> testing just so I could watch the functionality.

I've adjusted that value to 30 as well.

> I assume you have the MailWatch gui running? If so, does IT see the
> fuzzy ocr tests if you have it perform the spamassassin lint test?
> (you would see debug messages and several of them)

MailWatch is able to run the lint test and there are no errors at all
(FuzzyOcr shows that it's loading).

> When you run your test message, make sure you run the test scripts as
> user postfix.
>
> e.g.
>
> su - postfix -s /bin/bash
> spamassassin -t < message_file

Hmm....I'm not able to login as the postfix user.  Can you (or someone
else) provide me with a little help here.  When I run that su command
line, it doesn't do anything, I stay logged in as root.

> Also, the sample messages that ship with the Fuzzy OCR distro
> work as well.

I can scan the samples using spamassassin and FuzzyOcr works just fine.
But when FuzzyOcr runs within MailScanner's processes, nothing is
flagged.