OT: Re: Recent issue with SORBS

Lew Wolfgang wolfgang at sweet-haven.com
Thu Feb 15 17:59:13 CET 2007

am.lists wrote:

> Guess we're stuck with the snobs at SORBS.
>
> I will likely be disabling them from my scanning, since I know, now
> firsthand, how they operate.

Trouble is, your disabling SORBS will do nothing unless
all the smtp servers you send to also drop them.  Bottom
line is unless you figure out how to get off their
list or change your IP, you're going to loose outgoing
mail.

This just happened to me on a newly provisioned dedicated
server.  The previous IP user was a spammer.  I caught it
right away and had my provider come up with a clean IP.
Now they're stuck with a contaminated IP, but that's their
problem.

Regards,
Lew Wolfgang