Mqueue.in huge

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 14 23:38:23 CET 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Marcello Anderlini wrote:

> But I do not use dcc/pyzor/razor, could you send me your MailScanner.conf to
> compare with me ?

As others have pointed out, this is in the sa prefs file
Things I do are:

dns_available no
use_auto_whitelist 0
skip_rbl_checks 1

I've disabled the plugins for some things so:
# paths to utilities
#pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
#dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
#dcc_home /var/dcc

# Uncomment the lines below to stop using the specific service
# To stop Razor2 checks, uncomment the following line
# use_razor2            0
# To stop DCC checks, uncomment the following line
# use_dcc               0
# To stop Pyzor checks, uncomment the following line
# use_pyzor     0

#razor_timeout 10
#pyzor_timeout 10

in /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre (or wherever it is on your system)
comment out those 3 plugins.

One last thing, if the above does not help you may need
bayes_auto_learn 0    in local.cf

Very lastly, set log speed = on and see where its falling down more, you
may need to use a ramdrive as your /var/spool/MailScanner and make sure
your spamassasin cache file is on that ramdrive as well.

eg: SpamAssassin Cache Database File =
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin.cache.db

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie