Why is BAYES_00 -2.60 scoring low like this.

Renee Gehlbach krgehlba at lexairinc.com
Wed Feb 14 17:59:31 CET 2007

shuttlebox wrote:
> On 2/11/07, BB <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's messing up my total scores causing spam not to be caught ?
>
> You could always reassign the score to any value you like:
>
> score BAYES_00 -0.5
>
> Put that in a .cf file in the /etc/mail/spamassassin folder.

Or better yet, use sa-learn to relearn any spam marked BAYES_00.  Or,
for even better results, any spam not scoring BAYES_99.  (While learning
suitable ham, too.)  The goal is not simply to lower the amount Bayes
filtering messes up your scoring when it's wrong, continuing to permit
it to assess spam incorrectly (if you don't want bayes to affect your
scores, why use up the resources it requires?), but instead to have it
actually correctly assess whether a message is in fact spam.

Renee

believed to be clean.