Slow MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:11:39 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists at chapman.edu> wrote:
(snip)
> Nope, neither location (nor in /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/bayes, since
> this is from the FreeBSD ports tree).
>
> So, getting desperate to clear the backlog, I ran sa-learn --clear on
> the troubled box, and went to get myself a cup of coffee from the break
> room.
And you did this as UID/GID 125 (whatever that translates to on your
system.... Perhaps Postfix?)?
If not you likely cleared the wrong bayes db:-).

Look for it in /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin (if you have that
declared in MailScanner.conf) or ~/.spamassassin for the user with UID
125...

> On the plus side, I now have coffee.  On the downside, it's still taking
> upwards of 20 seconds per message.
Coffee's always a good start;-).

> The nameserver config is the same.  The hardware SHOULD be good-- these
> boxes are identical, and a month old.

And they've been running some kind of load during that time? Else...
well, insiduous HW problems are _always_ a reality...:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn