Slow MailScanner

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue Feb 13 19:51:22 CET 2007

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:related_software:caching_nameserver:djbdns

> Also-- would there be any benefit to setting up bayes in a SQL
> environment to share between the two servers?

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:bayes:sql

Both wikis were originally written by <ahem> me /<ahem> with a lot of
help from others. A SQL storage for bayes will help you.. since now more
than one server is contributing to both spam and ham learning. For SQL
bayes learning is fast and so is expiry.. plus the SA devs recommend it
as the preferred storage back-end.

For the caching nameserver a low-end box with a gig (or 2) ram thrown in
and good connectivity would be great. You could also simply install the
caching-nameserver RPM if you are on redhat/centos..

- dhawal