Help debugging false positives with SURBL

Ian cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 17:51:18 CET 2007

On 13 Feb 2007 at 16:27, Steve Freegard wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> Ian wrote:
> > I posted to this list because it only happens when the mail is passed through MailScanner, so
> > I actually need help on debugging on what happens to the message when it is passed to
> > spamassassin from MailScanner.  I actually need to know what MailScanner/SpamAssassin
> > thinks is the bad url.
> >
> > Is it the domain name of the server?  The name of the perl script? Something else I'm not
> > seeing?
> >
> > What does the MailScanner option:
> >
> > 	Debug SpamAssassin = yes
> >
> > actually do?  Where do I read the debug output?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Try this:
>
> Place the attached file into your CustomFunctions directory
> (/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions on RedHat and clones),
> then in MailScanner.conf set:
>
> Always Looked Up Last = &SALongReport

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this.

I already have:

	Always Looked Up Last = &MailWatchLogging

So I did a bit of hacking and added the line:

	MailScanner::Log::InfoLog($message->{salongreport});

to the 'MailWatchLogging' subrouting after:

	# Don't bother trying to do an insert if  no message is passed-in
	return unless $message;

I'll let you know how I go on. Thanks for your help

Ian