OT: Postfix Masquerading

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue Feb 13 14:19:40 CET 2007

On Tue, February 13, 2007 13:04, Lance Haig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for the off topic here.
>
> Can someone give me a (l)user explanation or point me in the right
> direction to setup outgoing *Masquerading
> *
> I have a smtp relay that is relaying our system notifications from
> multiple internal hosts.
> these hosts attach the internal domain ot all their e-mail and this
> natrually does not have any dns records in the public domain.
>
> How would I setup postfix to "formfill" the domains with a valid
> external domain?

Have a look at this http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
it covers every possible variation for you (Sorry, can't be more specific
with out more details of your domain set up etc).

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ