LookOUT 2007

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 12 23:11:27 CET 2007

On Monday February 12, 2007 at 04:56:24 (PM) Res wrote:

> Yeah, and what will be the requirment in the next version on winblows,
> a supercomputer, and thats just for basics :P

Are you suggesting that we all go back to using 8086 based PC's?

Seriously, Every few years I buy another PC. I then add the older one
to my network; however, that is another story. I was just waiting for
the new Vista to be released before I purchased a new PC. that way I can
get both at the same time.

If it weren't for MicroSoft virtually forcing hardware developers to
improve their offerings, we would probably still be stuck with 386's
and 12mb. of memory. Somebody has got to push the envelope, and
MicroSoft is the only OS doing it. Besides, if I remember correctly, my
first PC was an 8086 that cost approximately $2000. with everything. My
last was a Dell 4550, 3.1 GHZ HT, 1024 memory and 120Gig HD. It cost
just $1950. Considering that my pay scale is  higher now than it was in
1983, I consider that a 'good deal'.

Anyway, what ever floats you boat!

--
Gerard

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he
didn't exist.