Scanning for Spam

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Feb 10 00:49:02 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, am.lists wrote:

> Scott,
> Just curious why I got dinged for my IP being a spambot/virus...
>
> I have proper reverse and forward dns, not on any RBLs, etc.

~$ host 64.44.11.163
163.11.44.64.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mailgw.evokemail.com.
~$ host mailgw.evokemail.com
Host mailgw.evokemail.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

~$ whois evokemail.com
getaddrinfo(whois.crsnic.net): Temporary failure in name resolution

This might be why :)

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie