Scanning for Spam

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Feb 9 17:17:24 CET 2007

am.lists wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> When I obfuscated my real IP in the htm, I added 1.3 to that score
> (illegal IP 1.2.3.163 and Janet RBL). But otherwise, the kicker was
> the SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3 test... I am not sure I have that rule.
>
> I looked on RE and don't see which group that's part of. It seems very
> effective.
>
> UPDATE: I just received another text-only one, and it's on the URL below.
>
> I didn't obfuscate any IPs this time, so the THIRD message would be an
> interesting test.
>
> http://mailgw.evokeemail.com/q/20070208.htm

Message 3 scored;

  pts rule name              description
  0.3 TO_EMPTY               To: is empty
  0.8 SARE_RMML_Stock7       BODY: SARE_RMML_Stock7
  1.7 SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3   BODY: Last week's hot stock scam
   15 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  1.7 STOCK_NAME_FVGT1       STOCK_NAME_FVGT1
  0.1 TO_CC_NONE             No To: or Cc: header

The fact I have been training on missed spam seems to be the kicker for
me. I apparently have seen many of the same messages as you.

DAve

Veterans?