Scanning for Spam

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 16:22:44 CET 2007

Hi,

am.lists wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Anthony Peacock <a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Put an example of these emails somewhere where the list users can find
>> it (web page) with full headers, and I am sure people will tell you what
>> scores the get and which rules hit.
>
> Anthony:
>
> I will leave this up for a while for discussion:
>
> http://mailgw.evokeemail.com/q/20070208.htm

Well the first one scored 7 for me:

  pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
  0.3 TO_EMPTY               To: is empty
  0.1 FROM_NO_LOWER          From address has no lower-case characters
  0.3 RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP        Received: contains illegal IP address
  1.7 SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3   BODY: Last week's hot stock scam
  3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  1.0 RCVD_IN_JANET_RBL      RBL: Relay in JANET MAPS RBL+ RBL
                             [1.2.3.163 listed in
rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net]
                            [95.198.49.57 listed in
rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net]
  0.1 TO_CC_NONE             No To: or Cc: header

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples