Scanning for Spam

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:19:58 CET 2007

We've all seen the "investor alert" messages.

Thanks to Fuzzy OCR, I'm not getting them any more. The OCR scanning
is picking them all up is very effective.

But now, I'm seeing the plain text ones coming in. I know, I'm getting
pretty greedy to expect a 100% effectiveness rate of my spam
filtering, but it seems it should be possible to stop this stuff.

My question for the list....

What is the consensus method for rolling these to a halt?

-- Are you tweaking existing rules that center on dial-up lists, bogus
helo, invalid reverse dns?
-- Are you using MCP for words like "investor" and other keywords?

I'm currently using pyzor, razor, dcc, rules du jour, and fuzzy ocr
(with all [or most] of its plugin/helper apps).

Thanks in advance.

Angelo