Out of Topic: IMAP

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Feb 8 23:31:47 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Roger Jochem wrote:

> Since almost everyone here nows a lot about e-mail, server configuration, and
> that kind of stuff, I was wondering: how many of you use IMAP instead of POP3
> for mail access?

We use imap on localhost only for webmail, remote users don't have access
to it and use pop3.

On other servers that use maildir format, no imap, they use sqwebmail and
pop3 which serves very well.

A downside to imap is the constant login-do_request-logout
so you'd need some sort of proxy on heavy use servers or your log spool
will be full in a day :)

If I have to build more? It would be pop3.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie