Out of Topic: IMAP

Roger Jochem roger at rudnick.com.br
Thu Feb 8 13:47:48 CET 2007

Since almost everyone here nows a lot about e-mail, server configuration,
and that kind of stuff, I was wondering: how many of you use IMAP instead of
POP3 for mail access?

I allways used POP3 on my server, and reading about IMAP shows me a lot of
advantages... A problem would be the server disk size, but since disks are
not so expansive nowadays, I'm considering changing the protocol when I
upgrade my server.

Any ideas or sugestions about it? Any of you that already had an experience
with this could give me some tips, some impressions about it?

Regards

Roger Jochem