"Archive Mail" function can work on Mail Gateway mode ?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:02:10 CET 2007

On 08/02/07, keith <keith at 12345678.org> wrote:
> Dear All, my system is CentOS 4.4 + MS 4.56.7-1 as mail gateway mode for
> Exchange behind, my manager need me to auto forward his in/out mail to yahoo
> mail, I try to turn on the "Archive Mail" function in MS , the maillog
> displayed the mail is accept and queued mail for delivery but it cannot
> forward to specify mail account , the following is my setting, would anyone
> can tell me the "Archive Mail" can work with gateway mode or my syntax have
> something wrong ?
>
> --- Config File ----
> /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> ##
> Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules
> ##
> -------------------------------------
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules
> ##
> FromOrTo:manager at companydomain.com yes forward manager123 at yahoo.com
> ##
>
> Thank you very much
> Keith
Try putting some whitespace between the "FromOrTo:" and the address
you match, remove the "yes" and restart/reload MailScanner... Should
make a difference.
Why are you doing this on Archive Mail (which will give him/her the
"bad stuff" like viruses and spam too), instead of the "cleaner" Non
Spam Actions etc? Seems like an unhealthy thing to be "originating"
spam and viruses sent to yahoo...;-).
When you move over to that, remember to set a default entry with the
normal actions (deliver and whatever else)....:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn