MailScanner Pid file FreeBSD

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 7 23:14:42 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Charles Lacroix wrote:

> i run freebsd 6.1 and once in a while like every day, i end up getting the
> string MailScanner in my /var/run/MailScanner.pid file.

I assume this is a ports version and not a real source?
Never seen that before.

> I can upgrade to latest as no one yellled any major bugs. But i haven't seen
> anything about this in the fixes.

It is rare any bug gets into a stable release, because theres enough of us
here to find any in betas, 99% of the time the betas are stable enough
to run on production anyway, but of course just like any beta, I don't
recommend it, unless its a sec mx or something where it doesnt really
matter as much since 99% of mail that hits them are spam anyway :)

Grab the latest tarball and throw it on.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie