Sendmail rbl

James Fagan jfagan at firstlightnetworks.com
Wed Feb 7 20:53:10 CET 2007

> Check here:
> http://www.sendmail.org/doc/sendmail-current/doc/op/op.pdf
>
> Somewhere about page 42 it list all the macros.  I think
> you're looking for $f
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve. This is a good idea and I just tested it with an rbl and
seems to work like a charm.

sendmail.mc line: (all one line)

FEATURE(enhdnsbl, `sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org', `"550 - Email "`$&f'" rejected
from "`$&{client_addr}'" check it:
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip="`$&{client_addr}'"')dnl

(It is zen, I just didnt rename the zone)

results: (all one line)
reject=550 5.7.1 <nice at customer.com>... - Email cnkbmnne at txu.com
rejected from 82.1.101.168 check it:
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.1.101.168

Seems there is alot of information that can be added to the rejection
message.
I think this could definatly be usefull.

James