Performance

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:10:45 CET 2007

On 05/02/07, Ed Bruce <edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Glenn Steen wrote:
>

> > So, there is litle to no risk with this. The sender _will_ get a
> > somewhat informative reject code, and should be able to find the
> > problem at their end... Forcing _them_ to comply to the RFC;-).
> >

> One would hope. A major software vendor whose accounting software my
> company uses has a misconfigured MTA. I've told them and told them. I've
> whitelisted them and then volunteered to help configure it correctly.
> There response is please keep whitelisting us. This is a company that
> develops software and they can't configure their Exchange Server.

Yes? Did you explain to them that this is loosing them money,
potentially? And they still persist? I'm assuming you mean they
HELO/EHLO with something strange, like your IP address or domain name
... Else it's a bit non-relevant to this subthread:-):-)
Then again... I suppose there are fools all over the world (and
sometimes even we could be seen as such:-), but... "Helping" them
remain fools isn't really helping anyone, now is it?;)

--
-- Glenn