Performance

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 02:59:10 CET 2007

On 02/02/07, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:

(snip)
> As you say, after i posted it i did some further research and found it
> was just a warning - thanks for the explanation.
:-)
> >> I will leave off making any more MTA changes until one of the clever
> >> cloggs can post up some tips...
> > Um, english parser breakdown... Isn't a clogg a sort of wooden shoe?
> > And a clever clogg is then an intelligent footwear? Sort of an AI for
> > pedestrian appliances?:-)
>
> Well i didnt wanna say geeks - but there you go you have forced me. :)
Why thank you... Such high praise...:-):-).

> I made some changes to my main.cf and then telnet in to my server from
> another network, i can get through helo, MAIL FROM with false info - no
> warnings, errors or disconnects. Any idea where i am going wrong? (i
> have exclude all my pre existing transport map, relay domains type
> config) Appreciate any tips or suggestions.
> Pete
To my tired eyes (it's almost 02.00 here) it looks ok, so it would
depend on the content of the file I guess... You did remember to
postmap it (and reload postfix after the changes to main.cf)?
With a little luck (all the luck I didn't have today... SSL-X logged
itself to death (audit f a failed message just kept repeating) and was
ornery about the license file while updating on new HW, Oracle was
just as Oracle can be, the doctor kept me waiting (well, nothing new
there:-) and pesky users kept interrupting about me helping them with
their *private* WLAN/DSL installs (as if I was going home to them and
doing their LAN... Well, perhaps if sufficient amounts of finer booze
was at the end of it:), so that I never got any time to install the
latest and greatest MS... Grrr.) I'll have time to look at it again in
the morning (today).

Tired but kind regards
--
-- Glenn