CentOS 5.0 Install

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Tue Dec 25 05:29:10 GMT 2007

Why disable IPtables ? I always run it and it is not that hard to configure. I think it was on here somebody pointed out http://www.rfxnetworks.com/apf.php and that just works great! Take the time and set it up, and it also provides a better understanding of what is actually running on your server.

Completely agree about SELinux! Yes it is a very good security system, but can be a real PIA ;)

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net