CentOS 5.0 Install

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Mon Dec 24 17:01:46 GMT 2007

Phil Udel wrote:
> Has Anyone Had any issues with CentOS 5.0?
> I am creating a New Mail Server and thought I would use the new CentOS

CentOS 5 quietly installs some iptables rules that can cause problems
with some gateway email ralated applications. Be sure and check them
after the install and make sure you can live with the new defaults.

Also SELinux is configured on by default and you  probably need to turn
it off in the security configuration screen that appears during the
first reboot after installation.

Happy Holidays,

Steve
Steve Swaney