Easy-install ClamAV 0.92 and SpamAssassin 3.2.3

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Sun Dec 23 01:12:00 GMT 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Mark Nienberg wrote:

>> When running the installer on a system that already has clamavmodule
>> 0.20 and spamassassin 3.2.3 installed, will the script rebuild and
>> install the patched clamavmodule and patched spamassassin or will it
>> just say "oh, good, module foo is already installed"?  I'm hoping it
>> will replace clamavmodule with one that works for clamav 0.92 and I'm
>> hoping it will replace my spamassassin 3.2.3 with the new patched
>> version of 3.2.3.

> Fair point, it will just say "oh good". I'll add a command-line "force"
> option to it or something. What's the best you of doing this, do you
> think? Just always force SA and Mail::ClamAV?

There have been other times in the past when a new version of clamav
required a rebuild of clamavmodule, so I would be in favor of forcing
clamavmodule whenever clamav is being installed.

Spamassassin is a more time consuming to install so it would be nice not
to have it done unnecessarily, but I'm not sure how.

Mark