OT: dnsstuff alternatives?

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Thu Dec 20 23:32:36 GMT 2007

DAve wrote:
> Ken A wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> For those who used dnsstuff.com, what are you using now that service has
>> morphed into a pay model? Any good dnsstuff clones out there that you'd
>> recommend?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ken
>>

> We paid, for our entire support staff. It works well, was cheap, is
> repeatable. They could ditch the ads if they want to keep paying
> customers happy. Just a thought before the renewal comes up, if any
> dnstuff folks are listening.

I'm really glad somebody is paying for it. :-)

We don't use it often enough to pay for it though, especially not for
the whole support staff. I'd rather they use dig or just webify
something simple to lookup MX, and A records, etc.. fwiw,
http://www.iptools.com/ comes close and http://www.intodns.com/ is okay
too, if you are very patient..
Thanks,

Ken