Mail-ClamAv / ClamAv

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:18:40 GMT 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 2:55 PM, Stephen Swaney <steve at fsl.com> wrote:
> The only drawback might be what happens when clamd dies and I've seen
> this happen. Do you run a keepalive wrapper on clamd?

I don't have to do that since Solaris Service Management Facility
takes care of keeping enabled services running. On other OS:es a very
simple script run from cron every few minutes takes care of that, lots
of things needs to be running on a server so this is nothing new,
there's plenty of utilities to do this as well.

It also seems the unstable days of clamd are over, I haven't had a
restart yet. :-)

--
/peter