need help blocking emails to non-existent users

Andrews Carl 455 Carl.Andrews at crackerbarrel.com
Wed Dec 19 22:38:46 GMT 2007

I used getadsmtp.pl
(http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/). I had to
modify it and use it with a shell script to create my access/access.db
but it works great.

Using the getadsmtp.pl I am creating and /etc/mail/access file

To:<emailaddress>    OK
..
..
..
<domain>    ERROR:User unknown in local recipient table

then, /usr/sbin/makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access

The last line tells sendmail to reject anything for that domain that it
does not already know about

You will have to add these to sendmail.mc and rebuild sendmail.cf
FEATURE(`delay_checks`,`friend', `n')dnl    ' you could use hater, just
not both
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl

I am not 100% certain you need both of these but delay_checks is a
definite.

Thanks,
Carl