problems with mail queuing up

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at PDSCC.COM
Wed Dec 12 16:33:26 GMT 2007

On 12 Dec 2007 at 10:41, Glenn Steen wrote:

> Eh, how did it disappear?

It didn't... As best as I can tell it was never there, when it was suggested
to me to add the line, I looked at my Ubuntu 6.0.6 MailScanner box and it
also doesn't have the scache line....

> Oh well, there it is... Without that line, how will it know what to do
> and where to do it... Glad that you got it resolved!

Me too! What's odd is everything has been running tickety-boo for the last
179 days before this occurred <shrug>

> BTW, this would only affect "bursts" of messages then, to the same
> servers... Since then scache would kick in... So feeding it one

odd, the queue was filled with a mix of messages in/outbound, the outbound
were to a whole bunch of different servers while the inbound would have been
to the internal exchange server. Both were hanging up.

> message at a time might've "worked", but would then conceal the true
> error. And if, for some reason, you had another burst... you'd have
> had even more "buildup".

Well that would explain why each time I requeued the lot, the queue would go
down say 10 or 20 messages

> Should've asked you for your master.cf, in hindsight, sorry for that.

Heh, no worries
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting