Beta release 4.66.3 and MIME-tools

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Tue Dec 11 06:54:38 GMT 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> I have just released the latest beta 4.66.3.
> I have updated the MIME-tools to the latest 5.425, to try to solve all
> your problems with yum repositories.
> Along with this, there is another dependency, perl-IO, and updates to
> some others, including perl-File-Temp.
>
> Installing it on a few other systems is showing up problems with not
> forcing the installation of perl-File-Temp. On RedHat 5 systems, I
> carefully don't force installation of any modules, as people had
> previously requested that. Inevitably, that has come back to bite me.
> Without installing the latest perl-File-Temp, the requirements of
> perl-MIME-tools are not met.
>
> So please try to install this version on your system, and let me know if
> the installation succeeds or not. If it does not succeed, do this to
> recover:
> 1)   Use 'perl -MCPAN -e install File::Temp'
> 2)   Re-run ./install.sh
>
> Then you should have a working system again.
>
> All advice on how to solve the problems with File::Temp are much
> appreciated. Should I just go back to forcing installation of modules on
> RedHat 5 again?
>
> And does it work on SuSE Linux as well?
>
> Jules
>
> - --
> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.MailScanner.info

I've upgraded MailScanner to 4.66.3 and it's working fine.  However, I
noticed that your latest version of Test::Harness didn't install.  I'm
still using version 2.52.

I also attempted to upgrade my version of CPAN.  The newest version of
CPAN requires at least Test::Harness 2.62.  When CPAN tries to upgrade
to that version I get an error message that the 2.52 install looks
suspicious and it won't do the upgrade.  I've tried everything I can
think of to remove/upgrade Test::Harness without success.

How can I get remove the 2.52 version of Test::Harness and move the a
higher version?