Installation Problem on Fedora Core 8

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Dec 10 20:11:15 GMT 2007

on 12/10/2007 9:00 AM Patrick spake the following:
> Hi all,
>
> I follow Ugo's advice, re-install the machine with CentOS, instead of FC8
>
> The installation is successful !
>
> Why can't install MailScanner 4.65.3-1 on FC8? Anyone can explain?
>
> Thanks Ugo.
 From what I have been able to see on several forums is that Fedora changed
the rpm build directories in some way, either by permission, UPPER/lower case,
or the .rpmmacros file. I haven't tried FC8 to see for myself.
There was even some speculation that they were discouraging package building
as root, but I find that a little much.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and