Spamhaus replacement

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Wed Dec 5 11:52:29 GMT 2007

Hi Matt,

Matt Kettler wrote:
> bl.spamcop.net works pretty well, but does have some significant FPs now
> that they list backscatter sites (in the SpamAssassin 3.2 mass-checks,
> the hits on spamcop were 87.1% spam, and therefore 12.9% nonspam)

The last network mass-check on ruleqa.spamassassin.org for Spamcop shows:

62.71% spam, 0.10% non-spam (97msgs out of 90160), 0.998 S/O

Which has a better S/O than the Spamhaus PBL?

What would account for the difference? - I guess the STATISTICS file was
generated before SA 3.2 was officially released back in May and the last
network mass-check was 5 days ago.  This would seem to back up the
notion that SC have changed their listing process and made it much more
accurate - or - the mass-checks used to generate the two sets of results
were different?

Cheers,
Steve.